Miles to Health

Thursday, July 30, 2015

What doesn't kill you make you stronger but a good night sleep keep you trucking, both were put into practice today. Alarm went off at 4:30am I had high hopes and big plans of an awesome run followed by strength training and yoga, what really happened was a roll over to check the weather with 75 degrees and 83% humidity I felt I needed more sleep instead which I must have since I went into a pleasant restful sleep for a blissful 2 hours.

Upon waking instead of trying to get a short workout in, I proceed to try on various outfit combination for a wedding next week, you will have to wait till next week to see what that is, which really translate to no workout this morning, surprisingly I was fine with it.

I haven't mentally made myself do a run after work without Shelby in quite a while but I didn't want to blow off the workout today since there was no real reason to, I felt great and hubby was traveling, so putting on my big girt panty headed off into the 80 degree heat with low humidity and there was actually some wind.
 
This was suppose to be a tempo run, 3.5miles at 10k pace a 1 mile warmup, I know I will not be hitting the 10k tempo pace so decided to run at Egbert which is a nice rolling hilly course, at least I will get a decent workout even if I don't hit the pace.

Decided on 3 miles out and back for 6, since I wasn't hitting 10k pace although I did try my best. The first 3 miles was hard since you hit the rollers none stop, on the elevation chart sure doesn't look like much but they are killers on the legs.



Mile 1 - 11:05
Mile 2 - 11:05 well at least am consistent
Mile 3 - 9:34 happy to burst out this pace after the rollers - Average Pace 10:35

Garmin reset, big gulp of fluid and the goal was to beat the time back, oh boy legs were fried but I felt good, am sure the extra protein from the bug helped a lot :



Mile 4 - 9:42
Mile 5 - 10:25 Yeah baby
Mile 6 - 10:03 Woohoo        - Average pace 10:03, I think I rock this one

Okay so I did hit the 10K pace in a single mile but getting 9 and 10s on this course based on how my body has been feeling made me very happy, especially since this is an after work run with me on my feet all day since I use a standing desk.

Life is Good

No comments: