Miles to Health

Monday, March 16, 2009

Cardio Coach Vol 6 with Sean for my 5 mile run this morning, this is a fun challenging one since there really isn't that much rest.

Warm up ~ 5 mins 4-5.5mph (recovery to base pace)

Challenge 1 - Do all 3 without rest then rest and repeat
4x3mins - 6.0 mph (top of base pace)
4x2mins - 6.4 mph (Marathon pace)
4x1min - 7.0mph (10K pace)
2 mins rest - 5.5mph (bottom of base pace)

Steady State 1 ~3mins 5.5mph (base pace)

Challenge 2 - 5x1mins - 7.0mph (10k pace) with 1 min rest 5.5mph (base pace)

Steady State 2 ~3 mins 5.5mph (base pace)

Challenge 3 - 1 min 6 mph (base pace)
2 mins 6.6 mph (HM pace)
1 min 7.0mph (10k pace)

Cooldown / Stretch with Coach Sean

Random:

The plan is calling for track work starting next week Tuesday with 6x400meters @ 3k pace, well I have never done track or even remember running on a track, I have to decide if I want to venture into the unknown of track work or just stick to my treadmill, I do have access to a track actually 2 just not sure I know what to do or if I can run as fast as the plan calls for without the push of the treadmill.

With it staying light out longer, I will like to get some run in in the evening but I really don't want to forgo my morning run since I think I mentally just need that and I never know what my kids are going to come up with after school that needs done or ---- so I may start adding 2-3 miles after work just easy run to enjoy the weather when ever I am able to squeeze it in.

Time to clean up the garden beds, need to get the roses ready for the new seasons.

PM
W
ell never got a chance to run after work, one kid had a church small group meeting he had to get, another a crisis that involved a trip to Game Stop, DH stuff he needs help with before his oversea trip on Wednesday and the cherry on top was my operators calling because they had a problem in the plant.

I finally just decided on 20 mins on the spin bike and Barry Chest and Abs, the 40 mins workout took me 75 mins to complete due to all the start and stopping that was required but I finished and my chest hurt from all those pushups.

Haaa life is good and my plant problem will still be waiting for me in the morning since I just put a bandage on it for now.

No comments: