Miles to Health

Monday, April 20, 2015

Following the taper week of Brain Training for Runner to prep for this weekend's Half Marathon and I will probably do the same for Flying Pig just to keep some speed in my legs, before running I did Cathe RWH plyo #1, was really feeling this, it has been at least 2 weeks since I did anything this intense but I got through it.

For the run, since I was thoroughly warmed up, started out with 5.4min/mile and finish at 6.0min.mile getting in 5 miles with a time of 53:34 for an average pace of 10:43, this is pretty significant since all previous easy runs had been in the 11:30+ range.

Am hoping after I wrap up The Biggest Loser Half before starting the Detroit Marathon training plan I will work on speed and leg strength doing hill repeats, also increase distance on the trail. Need to get back on the trail.

No comments: