Miles to Health

Friday, January 2, 2015

Wrapping up 2014, Surging to 2015

This has been a challenging year, starting with the death of my mother on New Years Day, that pretty much stop me in my tracks since it was so sudden and unexpected. I fought hard to overcome the depression that was slowly engulfing me and pulled my self back together after the funeral.

Not many races in 2014 since my fitness was basically none existence, so I spent most of the year trying to get back to where I was in 2013, racing highlight was running the Chicago Marathon and I have to say I was very happy with my pacing and finish time, this really gave me a boast knowing that I was coming back.

Running with Patty and Shelby has been a blessing since it has kept me consistence, and more outdoor.

Main goal for 2015 is to stay healthy while challenging myself and getting outside my comfort zone by trying new things. Races planned so far

Little Rock Marathon
Paris Marathon
Cincinnati Flying Pig 4 ways (5k 10k and Marathon)
Detroit Marathon

I will like to add in some shorter races so as to coming to use them to build speed and also to keep going towards that goal of a 25mins 5k.

Strength workout is important to me so planning on using Cathe and Kelly Coffer Meyer for that and to keep up with the yoga.

Weight is still an issue, still about 10# above my racing weight so that is something that needs to be worked on also.

Cycle more and get back in the pool conquer the deep end.

I know 2015 is going to be a great year :)

Picture below are from Christmas in New Orleans, had a great time




No comments: