Miles to Health

Monday, October 20, 2014

What's next

Time to start looking at 2015 race season, only race registered for right now is the Paris Marathon on April 12, 2015, to far away not to have a couple of races before that if I am to maintain my fitness through the cold winter months.

Current plan is to train and race a Turkey Trot 5k, found a competitive one in Boca Raton, Florida where we will be for Thanksgiving.

What's the goal and plan?

Current 5K PR 24:57 in 2012
Last year 2103 fastest 5k was 26:20 hilly and Sunday after a HM
This year 2014  fastest /only 5k 27:34, up till 1am partying

Am sure you see the trend the downward trend, I have really never trained just added a quick speed work during marathon training to do them, since there is no marathon in the horizon going to use the Brain Training for runners 5k program as a template, I say template because I am not following the program 100%.

To get the speed work in since they will mostly be on the treadmill, I will be using Coach Troy's Runerval 7.0, just need him for the push, I will hopefully get a run in with Shelby on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Tuesdays will be easy just to run on tired legs but Thursday even thou the legs will be tired form the speed work the goal will be to do a progressive speed work or hill repeats.

To stay all rounded, yoga and strength training will remain in the program. For strength the plan will be to use Kettlebell Kickboxing Body Series (KBBS), with some Cathe and Drop to Sizes thrown in. For Yoga it will be mainly Ultimate Yogi but we will have Baptiste, Yoga Warrior 365 and some youtube Yin Yoga thrown in.

Not really a fan of 5ks, harder on my body but I need to get the speed back, to make sure am putting my best foot forward I am also working on dropping weight to get back to my racing weight which is about 150# currently at 163#, so started back logging at myfitnesspal to hold myself accountable to what I eat since I do workout hard but I eat a whole lot more, healthy or not. If all work out well, should be at least 5 pounds lighter, I guess in time to eat it back doing thanksgiving.

To clearly state the goal

Race a thanksgiving 5k in under 25mins and drop weight to about 155# by then.

No comments: