Miles to Health

Monday, February 11, 2013

Rattlesnake + Abs

Went to bed quite late due to the grammys, so when the alarm went off at 4:30am didn't feel like getting up even though I wasn't sleeping either, finally got up around 5:30am  but then had no desire to do a long ride but looked through trainer road for a short workout and found rattlesnake, yes this really bite, 20mins of no rest, didn't notice that little detail, thought the graph was cute, who in there right mind pick workout based on cuteness, oh well, so none the less I was dying, took a break after the 3rd peak and could not make it up the very last challenge, my legs were done. So of course this look like a great workout to do at least once a week or everyother week. Finish up with 15mins of Abs Attack from Skimble, love the short workout out sequence, efficeint and to the point.


Description for rattlesnake

1. Warm up the first 2 minutes at Intensity Level 5

2. Minutes 2-3 move from Intensity Level 5 to 6

3. Minutes 2-6, 6-10 and 10-14 work your way from Intensity Level 6 to Level 9, maintain for one minute.

4. Minutes 15-19 work your way from Intensity Level 6 to Level 10 (High Point at Level 10), maintain for one minute.

5. Minute 20 cool down to Intensity Level 5 for one minute.

This will really be great for someone training for a race that has lots of rolling hills.

Went to Akron University after work today to be a "lab subject" for  Exercise Physiology Students, today was body pod, hand held fat monitor, tape and skin caliper measurement.

Based on the body pod I have 28.9% percent body fat, which means at 165.4 I have 117.6 pounds of lean muscle, based on the hand held fat monitor I have 30.4% body fat so not that far off.

According to the Body Pod Info Sheet, I should be eating 2547 -3030 calories for an active to very active person. I think the problem is that I workout around 90 - 120mins most days but then I have  a sedentary job, although I do try to walk around, I think I need to make sure I climb the stairs at least once a day to the 4th floor, just to keep moving.

No comments: