Miles to Health

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pushing through

Setting a goal means finding a way to make it happen, marathon goal is still to break 4hrs, HM PR indicates I should be able to do that, of cause it seems like it make require some level of getting outside my comfort zone and pushing through.

After plugging current PR and goal marathon time into the McMillan Running Calculator Pro it gave me my expected training zones and I guess it is now up to me to get it done.

So to start things off with the goal of being able to run a mile in my marathon pace and then slowly build from there, I started out with the 1 mile app from the Personal Running Trainer.

Day 1 : 5mins Warmup,  45seconds of running/2mins rest repeat 4x, 5 mins Cool Down

What I did: (all at 2% incline)
5 mins Warmup @ 5.7mph
4x(45seconds @ 6.7mph/2mins recovery @6mph) at 2% incline
5 mins @ 6mph
4x(45seconds @ 6.7mph/2mins recovery @6mph) at 2% incline

5 mins @ 6mph cool down

Then finish off the last day of Xfactor ST week 4, skipping warmup as usual now on to week 5.



No comments: