Miles to Health

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Non Runners woes

How do you explain to a non runner why you run, or why you want to go out in 26 degree weather to run? How do you make them understand that this is not a phase, you have been doing it for almost 5 years not, how do you explain that running is part of you?

This was the same issue I had in my teen and having it again in my forties, I gave it up then to make peace but am not sure I want to this time around, life is too short and I give too much of myself to everyone else but this one is for me.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Only runners get it. The rest of our friends and family nod along but you know they are thinking that we are nuts. However, you know you've done something cool when you are able to get non runners running - that's the best!!