Miles to Health

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Fool's 50k


Woke up around 5am and checked the coffee, use the bathroom put a load of laundry in and got dress. while eating my breakfast, a banana, Tram bar and a cup of coffee with 1/4 cup of dark chocolate almond milk, check email and facebook. Left the house about 6:15am, boy was it cold, 20 degrees. I had on my CWX sleeveless long bra top on top of that my Under Armour cold wear top and then black vest, for the bottom wore my Sugoi cold weather tight and on top of that Adidas long pants, dang tough sock, hat and gloves. I was okay once we started running but very cold at the start.


Picture Courtesy of Kevin Farley


Sang the national anthem and then we were off around 7:34am, we locked out with the weather in the sense that it didn't rain yesterday as predicted and because it was so cold the trail was frozen and runnable, so the first loop went great








but the second loop was a different story, with the sun out, all the frozen ice was now a muddy mess, so the flats were hard to run and the downhill well was hard since my shoe kept on getting stuck and since this was a mud gravel trail, my shoe also get heavy after a while since the mud picked up the gravel, I was so ready to be done since I had given up all the time I had bank for the second go around on Sand Run. By the time I got to SR, my legs were tired from fighting with the mud and my left toes were so sore, since this was my lead leg, I was for some reason using my toes to grip and stay upright.


I ran the first loop without music, but broke out the mp3 player on the second loop since I was by myself, played a continuous loop of itread outdoors since it was run 6 mins walk 1 min. I was so glad to be done.


 My shoes are actually bright blue.

Official result is not up yet  but according to Garmin I didn't meet my goal of breaking 7hours but I did get a nice PR despite the muddy trails, pain full toes and nasty Salt Run Hills.




The race was very well organized, course well marked and the volunteer's were great in getting us in and out of the aid station fast. It was good to see old friends and meet new ones.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Congrats! Sounds like the conditions were really sloppy!

KovasP said...

Great run!

Amanda said...

Way to crush that race! You are an inspiration! Congratulations!!

VASMA63 said...

Sorry to hear that you did not PR, but very happy to read how well you DID do~ You just cannot predict how the course conditions will impact your time, but you can honestly say that you gave it your best with the training that you completed. WELL DONE Elizabeth, well done!

Victoria said...

Even though you did not PR, still very impressive!!