Miles to Health

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Kovas @ Midwest Multisport  asked if I was overdoing it based on the recent pains am having this was something I also wondered so I combed through my log yesterday. Mileage wise am low and I haven't ramped up fast since I am nowhere near what my schedule is calling for but I did noticed that since I am doing shorter races my training paces are faster and I may not have given my legs adequate time to adjust or build up to the pace. So the training program will be revised to do more of a ladder program for tempo and 400 meters intervals.

Today's run was a reset, so I did 3.1 miles on the treadmill barefoot, I do this to help reset/adjust my form, when I start out am landing so hard you can hear every foot landing mainly heel striking but by mile 2, it is almost like am gliding no shaking or pounding of the treadmill, tried one of my fastest pace 7mph and was able to keep my form. No pain on foot or shin but will continue to ice and massage.

Added on Cathe Butts & Guts floor work to finish things off before showering and rushing to the airport to pick DH up.

1 comment:

misszippy said...

Hi Elizabeth--thanks for stopping by my blog! Sounds like you are taking the right steps (no pun!) to feel better. good work.

BTW--I grew up in Ravenna!