Miles to Health

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

“An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.”

 Buddha quotes (Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.)

A1k repeat after a 14 miles long run and a 7 miles base run was an interesting idea, can I really pull it off and stay on pace on tired legs. I really wasn't sure what my legs were going to feel like waking up this morning, but getting out of bed they felt fine, no aches or pain, so either the recoverite or the self massage to my legs or both is working. I decided to do the repeat on the lifetime fitness treadmill in the fitness center of my resort, one it is still hot and humid, still hilly, and I really want to hit the pace and the only way to ensure that is to do it on the treadmill back off if I can't handle the pace but I wanted to eliminate all the other variables that could make me fail.
I did the Dynamic Flexibility in my room before leaving for the fitness center, then did the 1 mile warmup @ recovery pace and then started the 1k repeat, the first was very hard not because of my legs but because I was still having problem breathing even thou I was indoors. I check my heart rate and I was still in zone 3 but on the higher end so I started making an extra effort to control my breathing. The 3 mins was enough to get my heart rate down to zone 2 and the other 3 intervals went fine, finish off with 1.4 miles @ base - recovery pace. Ended up with 5.9 miles @ 10:05

Got back to my room and then tackle Womens Health Bootcamp Week 4

20 split jumps
25 high knees
15 squat thrust with pushups   repeat 5x

side to side lunges - 15 per side
20 inchworms  repeat 2x

20 v-ups
20 situps    repeat 2x     23:01

then I added 1 mins plank, 30 secs side plank and 1 min elbow to hand plank.

Ate and took a nap, later went and saw the movie inception with the family, love it.


No comments: