Miles to Health

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year Everyone

I am alive but still no running, at least not for another 4 weeks, the hip is getting better but the heel is definitely being stubborn, currently in a boot, and doing a combination of ultrasound, graston and electrical current. Added the electrical current on 12/31 and there seems to be a response finally. I do not have any racing plan right now for 2010 just because I hate to put unnecessary pressure on myself by having to start training earlier than my body wants, the goal is to be 100%, or at least close to it before starting back up.

Cross training has been going great at least I have been able to maintain my weight and fitness level during a very heavy eating season, and also discovered that you can push and get your heart rate very high on an elliptical and holding the handle doesn't give you a chance to push as hard so lock the handle in place and swing your hand like you are running and boy does it feel good.

At least for the month of January going back to Barry's Bootcamp Fat Blaster Series, alternating the Upper and Lower Body dvd with using the stepper, elliptical and spin bike.

Spent most of teh holiday over at Mytle Beach, South Carolina, view from my resort room window :)



View from my house window today :(



It has literally been snowing since Friday with occasional 2 to 3 hours break

1 comment:

ultrarunner (Brian Philpot) said...

Happy New Year! I hope you will get back running soon! Just take it slow, you don't want to knock u'r self back down. We have to train carefully, to be strong.