Miles to Health

Saturday, January 30, 2010

3 miles today, who...hoo , it felt great, I decided to run this on the treadmill to better gauge speed and how my body response to it. I started out at Recovery pace then getting to base pace after every mile I drop back to recovery pace instead of a walk just because it is really hard for me to walk on the treadmill I tend to really heel strike badly. For the final mile, went from recovery pace to base to Marathon to 10k pace was able to hold 10k pace with no pain to either leg.The only problem I noticed was how cold my fingers and toes were, I was sweaty but both were freezing. Did Dynamic Flexibility before running.

After running, move on to do Upper Body/Core workout with Cindy and then finish up with 8 mins of yoga stretch, this are both from Exercise TV.

Formal training starts Monday, Signed up for the Akron Marathon and will be signing up for more races before then.

1 comment:

ultrarunner (Brian Philpot) said...

Good job on the run! I know about the cold I ran a 50k saturday at 700am through the woods, 6hrs of cold running.