Miles to Health

Thursday, July 23, 2009

I love Thursday's run and I love it more when I can get to the trail to run with the Crooked River trail group. Brain Training for Runners calls for 4.5 miles @ base pace with 4x90secs @ 8mph wherever, so ended up with 4.5 miles @ 10:02 pace, ran mostly at a 10:00 pace but have to drop down to a 12:00 pace for about 45secs to 1 min after the sprint. Good thing is that with the second go around, I am able to keep the pace for 90secs. Warm up with dynamic flexibility.

After the run, Chalean Push 1, I love lifting heavy so this a fun phase for me, got one more week of Push before moving to the Lean Phase. This week, I am using the tubing since I have a bunch of them and limited workout to use them in.

Finish off with Core Fusion: Core Plus, this is turning out to be a very challenging DVD, but I am enjoying every min of it, well to be specific every 10 mins of it, glad each segment is only 10mins not sure I can do longer.

After work, meet the Crocked River trail at Happy Day to run the 3.4 mile loop of the Boston Run Trail, ran with Nancy, her pace is faster than mine so I have to really keep moving to keep up with her, especially on a ru n like this that has limited hills. After Boston, went over to the Ledges trail, going in from behind the Happy Day Lodge, and I climb down into the rabbit's hole and slightly into the icebox cave but since we had no flash light couldn't really see much, this was my first time running this trail and it is such a beauty location as you can see from the slide show below by Jessiner (don't know her) 23353


Ledges Trail in Cuyahoga Valley Park, OH

1 comment:

duchossois said...

That is a very scenic area. Our Saturday group runs through there regularly. I was going to join the group last night, but decided to run at lunch instead.