Miles to Health

Monday, July 27, 2009


Took Friday off from work and headed off to Chicago after my youngest got out of band practice, we made a pit stop in Columbus to see the Oldest and drop some stuff of to him and have dinner, finally got into Chicago at 2am. Knowing, I was not going to be able to get my long run in on Saturday since we are in Chicago for a memorial service, I move the run Friday and after dropping my son off for band practice ran the ABC streets, goal was to run 6 miles but started having severe stomach issue at mile 3. I needed to use the restroom but the closest, I could think of is the library because I know the guard at the school will not let me in but that will involve passing my car and at this point, I was a good mile from the library and it didn't help that I ended up in a cul-de-sac when I made a turn. I made the decision to head to my car and home which was a good thing, still not sure was caused the pain and it took about 8 pepto bismol and frequent trips to the bathroom to calm my stomach down which made for an interesting road trip. Ran only 5.2 miles and got in some core flexibility.

Saturday, while decorating the church hall for the reception after the memorial service, we were missing some of the things needed and my brother in law went back to the house to pick them, so I did a 10 min yoga routine, some stepups and 1 leg hops.

Left Chicago 1am Sunday morning, so as to get the youngest back in time for an away band camp trip, bus leaves at 10:30am and he was not pack. After taking a nap to finally recover, got up and did legs, total body band & pilates workouts from Exercise TV.

Woke up late today, and was only able to get my 5 miles run in before heading to work, base pace but push mile 4 to marathon pace-6.4mph and drop back to base pace for mile 5, last 0.1 of mile 5 ran at 7mph, felt great.

After work, did Exercise TV- abs (10 mins) CLX Push skipped the warmup(30 mins), Barry Bootcamp MS Abs Beginners(12mins) and Core Fusion:Upper Body (10 mins).

Made a trip to the Chiro doc for adjustment on left hip/butt and also right heel/ankle, well worth it.

1 comment:

duchossois said...

Wow...your days are so crammed with things that need to be done, but you still manage to squeeze in your work-outs. That's dedication and discipline.