Miles to Health

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Well, it has been a long couple of days, there has been so much going on that I was spent at the end of the day but none the less still grateful.

Had the MRI done and I have stress tear along my pelvic bone, ischial tuberosities and sciatica. So after all the money and pain it still comes down to the famous RICE, but this time no weight bearing strength training, so no lunges, squats or deadlift. For the last 2 weeks I have been doing just upper body weight work, I really must say I have some nice definition in my shoulder so I am definitely wearing sleeveless for Thanksgiving regardless of how cold it is. For Cardio the only thing allowed was biking, so been spending some time with Coach Troy of Spinerval. I am actually down to my lowest weight of the year with nice definition in Upper body and abs.

This week am back slowly to train minimally for the 5 miler on Thanksgiving and then in December nothing more than 3 miles (no speed work or tempo just easy) so as to maintain a base before starting to train for Pittsburgh in January.

Things are really slow at work right now and we are trying to find ways to avoid having to lay people off, just not the thing to do before the holidays.

1 comment:

duchossois said...

Sorry to hear about the stress tear. I hope that will heal quickly. Plenty of time to get well, and get you mileage in for Pittsburgh.