Miles to Health

Saturday, September 20, 2008

With the Akron Relay a week away I know I needed to try for 7 miles to see how my leg will feel and what adjustment I needed to make to be able to finish the race, so today got up not as early as I wanted and went out for a 7 miles run. I started out with Runner-core type warm up and loosen things up as much as possible, walked 0.25 miles and then started out running, decided to run to Signature this time since I was getting sick of my neighborhood. Met some friends walking their dog while running, with one asking the question, "How did you get here?" I slowed down a bit because I can still feel that I do not have complete range of motion on my left leg, did a thorough stretch afterward then shower and went to volunteer at the concession stand for the JV and Varsity soccer game, did a good job resisting the hot dog because there was no calorie value on the box.
Spend the rest of the day hanging out with the kids, after we got back and dinner, did Yogamazing yoga for Butt and thigh to continue to remove the kinks.

Mile 1: 11:14 162bpm
Mile2: 11:01 156bpm
Mile3: 11:06 158bpm
Mile4: 11:56 157bpm
Mile 5: 10:58 161bpm
Mile 6: 11:10 163bpm
Mile 7: 11:02 165bpm

Am planning to schedule an ART session with the Chiro Dr. hopefully for Tuesday.

No comments: