Miles to Health

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Today was day 3 of Mahler's Advanced
Warmed up using Maxwell's Joing Mobility
A1-Hand to hand clean and Press 3x6 - 20kg this was my 1st time using the 20kg, it wasn't pretty but I was able to do it.
A2-One Hand Balistic Row 3x6 -20Kg
B1-Double rack Kickstand Lunge l/r 3x8-16kg
B2-Hand to Hand Swing 3x6/3x10/3x12 -20kg
C1-Abwheel rollout 3x6
C2-Slow situps 3x10
50 Jumping Jacks
Added Cosgrove's Leg Matrix as finisher. wow that was very hard after all the KB work.

3 weeks into the program and I can say I can see significant strength gain, I started not really able to clean and Press a 16kg Kb but use the 20 today because I felt nothing after doing a single hand 16. With the swing I increase the reps.

My legs feel fine today, but I am having a hard time coming to terms with the knee not hurting, I guess it has been going on for so long that every time I getup from sitting or kneeing I except to be in pain, all I get is a twinge, I have to get it through my mind that things are fine.

After work, went for an 8 mile run, actually figure out that the loop around my house was 1.02 miles so decided to do 8 loops, forgot to put on my knee brace so felt a twinge by mile 4, try through it for 2 miles wasn't getting worse or better so called it a night after 6 loops so as not to do any unnecessary damage to my knee, came back home and did Runner-Core Recovery/cool down and Fix the Hip, Fix the Knee workout.

M1: 9:57 168 BPM
M2: 10:31 154 BPM
M3: 10:18 152 BPM
M4: 11:22 150 BPM
M5: 10:58 149BPM
M6: 10:37 152 BPM

I was pleasantly surprise by my pace, didn't think I was running that fast, didn't feel breathless or anything like that, so hopefully below 11min/mile will start feeling comfortable.

Found out today, the Cosco by me have the NT1500 Treadmill for $799, this is suppose to a commercial treadmill made by Nordictrack for Cosco, the only problem is either I pay by cash or American Express card.

No comments: