Miles to Health

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

1st outdoor speed workout

Woke up quite tired this morning, since my husband is still suffering from jet lag from this Asia trip, he is not sleeping and he has this incredible idea that I will live to keep him company. oh well, it's a good thing I love him.
Got up and did Maxwell's JM and Mahler's HFT advanced day 2, I am seeing quite a strength gain, the double 16Kg KB are getting easier to clean and I did the swing one handed using the 20kg KB since double handed on the 20kg felt to lite, so use 20kg and did hand to hand swing that got the heart rate up fast.
After work, got home and started dinner, changed and went out for a quick 5 miles, then feeling great I decided to do speed work,1 mile hard follow by one mile easy, the easy included 1/2 mile of speed walking.

M1: 8:15 160bpm
M2:12:07 146 bpm
M3:9:02 168 bpm
M4:12:45 134 bpm
M5:10:43 158 bpm

The goal now will be to repeat this and shoot to maintaining the 8:15 for all 3 hard miles, finish the workout with Runner-Core recovery/cooldown.

No comments: