Miles to Health

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

New Shoe + Sock

After my run yesterday, I knew I needed to look for a new shoe and sock, my feet just didn't feel fine and I had to ice my right foot this morning. So while at Vertical Runner to pick up my race bib, I decided to use their help in finding a new pair of shoe and socks. Tested many shoe brand and style and settled on the Brooks Beast (this is a men style but it fitted the best) and balega socks was in love at first trial. I also bought 2 packs of Gu outrageous chocolate, it taste just like fudge for the HM. I had a wonderful inexperience their, it was nice to have someone observe the shoe while when I had them on and when I decided on which one I wanted, I ran outside with it just to make sure, people probably thought I was crazy, 90 degree heat jogging with jeans on.

Today did summer project for Monday and Wednesday combined, well my way anyway and then added on 2 miles using the new itread hill series, nice run.

Looked at the Buckeye HM website and they have pacers for the race with the last pacer being 2:20, so I am going to hang with them and see how I do.

If I am going to be a runner, I may as well start training and paying attention to my gear, I couldn't believe I paid $10 for a pair of sock but running in them my feet was in heaven and with the side of my feet didn't feel like they are going to fall out so we will see how they do in training, I have 30 days to test ad return the shoe if they did not work.

I need a goal race for October, so have to keep looking probably something less than a HM so as to give my body a break from the double this month

No comments: