Miles to Health

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Last running day

Well, today is my last scheduled run before the race, I tried out the beast and balega on the treadmill this morning running 5 miles , my feet felt fine but my left hip and shin hurts about 2 miles in but felt better after a stretch am going to go out for about 2 this afternoon when I go to pick my son up from Football to try the shoe out.

I feel I need to try to find a running group, instead of doing a lot of the runs on my own especially the long runs but my local group here, when I check the website seems a little intimidating , with lot of people winning age groups and stuff like that and somewhere on the website it says there runs are at an 8min pace and nothing about all abilities welcome, so am not sure about that.

The local running store I went to yesteday actually do a trail running 101 class, am going to try to go to that, I'll love to trail run since I have so my park trails around me but I am not up to going on a trail by myself. This same group also put on long races around the area, so I am going to try to keep an eye on their website so as to find out when they have planned events.

1 comment:

John Fenton said...

Good luck in your HM this weekend. I'm running a 30K race near Columbus myself.

I know what you mean about running groups. The group I run with on Saturday morning is very friendly, but I didn't join them for a run until I had been running a year and a half and was comfortable that I would be able to keep up. I probably waited longer than I needed to. Don't be afraid to email them and ask.

Good luck, again.