Miles to Health

Monday, September 10, 2007

Day After

I woke up this morning with minimal aches and pain so did my scheduled workout as planned, well minus 1 mile due to lack of time.

TT Warmup + The Biggest Loser 2 DVD warmup
Prisoner Squats - 12 reps
Pushups - 10 reps
Stickups - 10 reps
Spiderman Climb - 6 per side Repeat 1X

TT Abs A
Split Lunge 15#, 20#
Chest Press, 15#, 20# Repeat

DB Row- 44#
Shoulder Press - 12#

Lying Triceps Extension - 15#
Chin-ups Repeat

Ball Rollout
Ball Jackknife
Med Ball Chop 8# Repeat 2x

3 mile Walk using itread 21

Sage Yoga Hip Opener

I am going to return the shoe I bought last week, I think I need a bigger size to accommodate my left foot and I really need it since my other shoe is still wet from yesterday.

I had an intersting conversation with one of the ladies while running yesterday, I found out that she lived around the Rocky River area which is where I have been going for a free Crossfit workout on Saturdays, the workout is about 30mins and well organized, I mentioned the workout to her since it is free but she indicated that she only runs not strength training since she doesn't need and can't fit it in anyway. I can understand elite runners limiting weight training but I do not understand regular runners skipping, I view lots of runner's blog to see how they are training since I am new at this and notice that a lot of them run long miles but with no cross taining or strength training, even in offf times when they have no plan race. How do you grow as a runner or prevent injury, if all you do is just run and not give the body a break via cross training and strength training.

No comments: