Miles to Health

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Kathleen Nietert Race for Hope 7.5 miles

This wasn't on the schedule to do but once I thought about it yesterday to do I didn't see any reason not to do it, yes I did just run a trial 10k but my body felt good and nothing hurts, moreover am suppose to run 8 miles on Monday so doing it one day early and going 0.5 mile short since I will be running harder.

I think this is my 4th time doing this race, it's quite humbling since the first 4 miles is nothing but rolling hills and just when you are happy to be done, you kind of still have 1.5miles to do around the lake. I love this race since it is a family affair, all the aunts, uncles, in-laws, nephews, nieces are out bright and early manning water stop, calling out time at the mile marker or controlling traffic.

This race supports the American Cancer Society through Team Nietert , a mom, aunt, mother-in-law, sister lost her battle and the race is use to race money, awesome family.

Even thou I have done this race 4 previous time and this was my slowest time, I actually placed 2nd in my age group, go figure but I was very happy and this was a great ego buster.



Life is good


No comments: