Miles to Health

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Canton Ohio Hall of Fame Half Marathon

I think this was a peer pressure race, I wasn't planning on doing this because of the driving distance but my BGR group picked this has a group race and I miss seeing them so decided to sign up for the half to hang with them, glad I did. I think the part of my body that hurts the most is my head from all the screaming.

The alarm went off at 4:30am I was actually already awake waiting for the alarm to go off, I got a really good night sleep since I was fast asleep by 9:30pm after reading a couple of pages of the Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson.

Got up and for some reason the first thing that came to me was that I want a egg sandwich for breakfast, oh well. shower and got ready, it really was cold so instead of the capri I was planning to wear switch to a long pant. Yes I did make the egg sandwich using some low carb tortilla wrap that I had.

According to the race organizers, we were to park at Belden Village Mall then take the shuttle from there to the race start due to limited parking at the start. Got to the Mall about 6:15am and waited in line till about 6:45am can't really fault the organizers, there were lots of buses but typical runners we all came about the same time since the last bus was suppose to be at 6:30am , this of cause delayed the race start for about 15mins to make sure every runner made it to the start line.

Got to the stadium, went to gear check and then used the Porta Potty, there were lots of them didn't have to wait in line, before I knew it, it was time to get this party started. The goal for this race was to push and wait for the wheels to come off then hold on for dear life and not walk, this is a rolling hill course. Paris was 2 weeks ago, still jet lagged, trained hard last week but I need to push the body a bit to prepare for The Flying Pig 4 way.

I felt pretty good during the run, was running under 10min/mile except for when I walk thru the water stop which were place every 2.5miles. Felt strong and good, ran without music since I forgot to change battery in my player, listed music on the course only 2 bands and then in some areas spectators had their players blasting. Wasn't really expecting a large crowd support, one it is Sunday morning and then new race but the spectators out were awesome.

The wheels came off at bout mile 11, but I was able to hold on with out walking to finish in 2:10:59 which I am really happy with, was targeting 2:15 - 2:30.

Race was well organized, even thou the start was cold, it warmed up pretty fast, lots of aid on the course and food at the finish.

No comments: