Miles to Health

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

With no mouse drama today I was able to whip out the new Cathe and give them a whirl, okay I have to say I absolutely love the 2 I did, they were what I envision her doing, no unnecessary breaks, no endless reps, limited fancy moves, sweet, short and to the point, but I miss my Cede.

Started out with low impact hiit #1, she changed things up a bit by using the mat as a prob for the first half to get around which was a nice twist, had sweat pouring down and was breathless but not gasping for breathe, then skipping the warmup from hiit circuit upper body I tacked that on, love the cardio blast and I think my lower body was worked just as hard as the upper body. Love it.

To make things interesting, before doing the stretch to end the workout I added on a kettlebell/burpee ladder-8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 using a 24kg kettle bell this took 3:38 had to pause a couple of times to catch my breathe but this was a great finisher which came from a men's health email, ahh bliss.

I love this combo and felt great afterwards. Still feeling some tightness in my right hamstring, not really pain just seem like there are lots are scar tissue limiting my mobility, so I have been stretching and digging into it using a strect I found on youtube.

Books::
Bedside
 Gretchen Rubin: The Happiness Project(should have moved it to the bottom of the pile but started it instead, like it so far)
Stephanie Klein - Straight up and Dirty, dropping and donating to library book sale just not getting it, gave it a fair shake up to page 84.
Tom Ferry: Life by Design
John C Maxwell - Today Matters

Car (Audio-have to make good use of that 2hrs round trip daily commute to work)
Timothy Ferriss-The 4 Hour Body

Kindle:
Jumping around on that one, have to look to see what I started out with on Sunday..

I need a new ereader, love my kindle but this is a much older edition but can't really justify a new one unless for the fact that I can't read in the dark with turning on a light, but it is fun getting under the covers with my flashlight so as not to wake up my husband.



No comments: