Miles to Health

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

TR:EPIC Vermont

Yesterday, did a fun and hard workout, Chris posted a challenge on FB and you really get to pick your own poison from the list to complete the 1000 reps. I pick
50 pushups
50 jumping jacks
50 situps
50 Burpees
50 jump rope  Repeat 4x

After the first round drop to my knee on pushups and the burpees really kick butt, was a complete sweaty mess when done.

being having some tightness in my left butt and with my "A" race coming up Saturday, I decided to do some yoga to stretch it out. Yogamazing:Yoga for Butt and Thighs

Today:
I think I am going to give running a break to let the left butt cheek and right ITB recover not sure what trigger the pain, so until after the race lots of swimming/bike/strength and the bike will be  on the sweet spot side.

Biking on the trainer today did EPIC:Vermont
Ride one of the best rides in the Green Mountains of beautiful Vermont. Climb 1,500 feet over legendary Appalachian Gap. Finish with a fast spin into the gorgeous village of Bristol!
Got a new 15 mins(179 to 181) and 20mins (175 to 178) PR on this ride.

Epic Vermont

RKS#9 afterwards which included a ladder of push press 1,2,3,4 repeat for 15mins alternate between the 15#, 6Kg and 12Kg kettle bell then that was followed by 1 hand swing L,R two hand swing repeat 2 times, Cool down.

Made it to the pool today and just decided to work on gliding and learning to stay slimline. No flippers, did a couple of laps on my back to under how to kick the legs and some fun other stuff, know the life guard was just wondering what the heck am doing.

A bit convern about the 24hour race, I haven't really done that much running especially on trail and I really will have to pace myself so as not to bonk and be able to get the miles in, really excited about it and so lookin forward to it. BRING IT.....  Goal 100 miles :)

No comments: