Miles to Health

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Rainy Run

I meet up with my partner Debra @ 5am to run about 6 miles 3 days a week mainly Monday, Wednesday and Friday. At 4:40am today I got a text from her, I was upstairs still getting dress so I couldn't check it since my phone was downstairs,but eventually looked at it.
Her text " We've got rain this morning. Do u feel like being drenched? Let me know.

When I woke up and saw the rain it never occured to me not to run, it wasn't pouring rain, just a light drizzle but the temperature was at 36 degrees. I figure out if we can run in snowy, icy cold condition a rumble in the rain as long as there is no thunder or lighting was good for the soul. I told her we were running, she already figured out I was going to run.

I consider running in all weather condition part of my training as long as there is no safety issue or concern since I never know what race day is going to be like, I try to get myself prepared for any race condition, the goal is always to run a paid race as long as it is not cancelled and it is safe.

We did a shorten route today so we were getting back to our car in about every 2.3miles, got in 5 miles before it started pouring hard so called it a day at that point since we still do have an afternoon run plan.

Got back home and did Ultimate Ball from Supreme 90 great way to hit the core.

2 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

I used to HATE running in the rain and would flat out refuse too, but that was also when I lived in Florida and was the only real condition we had other than hot and miserable. Now that I live in Michigan I don't think twice about rain, but how can you when you trudge through snow and ice. Well done getting out there ladies!!!

kathleenjames said...

Hey Elizabeth's, I just want to say keep up the good work and continue writing articles on fitness workouts . Thank you on your devotion to helping those people who want to live healthy life. Basically, I wish to lose weight within month, and then I look more confident and feel comfortable in my social circle. So please write some more fitness articles on nutrition guide .