Miles to Health

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Finally Here

After all the winter training run, the Cleveland Marathon  is finally here, Cleveland was my first marathon in 2008 and I do not have any fond memory of it. If I have had any sense probably shouldn't have ran it due to lack of training and multiple injury but oh well deep down I knew if I didn't probably would have stopped running for good again.

Went to the expo and picked up my bib and goody bag, only bought a 2010 tech tshirt for $2, not that much to buy and wasn't really that cheap based knowing the online price.

Right now am trying to decide on race outfit, this is Ohio, which means weather is always a big gamble, calling for a high of 62 with a low of 43 with thunderstorm, also you are suppose to have tried out race outfit well the temperature had been colder when I did most of my long runs so am just going to piece from different piece I have worn and hope they can go the distance.

The main goal remains to break 4 hrs, but not sure am quite there yet so the mini goal for this marathon is to break 4:30, so I will line up behind the 4:30 pace group and if all is well at the 20 mile mark, I'll move ahead and see what I am capable of. Last couple of days has been quite stressful with minimal sleep so not going in with the best frame of mind but

CLEVELAND HERE I COME

1 comment:

Raquelita said...

Good luck! I can't wait to read your recap of the race!