Miles to Health

Saturday, July 24, 2010

13 miles progressive long run today and I decided to do it on the treadmill, my husband has a problem with me getting up really early to get my long runs in since I do that all week any way, so part of the compromise was to hang around the house until he leaves for work before I head out but since he works for himself by the time he gets going it is quite late in the day. Today was just too hot for me to even bother running outside and I know since it was so late/hot already I wasn't going to be able to maintain the pace so I hop to do it on the treadmill in cooler conditions. For this run, I use Perpetuem Orange Vanilla and felt great through out, started the run at the top of my recovery pace and increase every mile by .1 or .2 finishing at my half marathon pace, probably one of the longest time I have spent on the treadmill, it felt great with the air conditioner and fan blowing and I was able to control the pace from start to finish making it a great progressive run, heart rate average 138 which was wonderful.

No comments: