Miles to Health

Thursday, October 22, 2009

I realize today that I can run a lot faster than I do If I can get through the mental block. The schedule calls for 1 mile warmup, 6 miles at HM pace and then 1 mile cooldown, when I looked at the schedule last night, I was already wondering how I was going to keep a 9:02 pace for 6 miles although that or less is what I am planning on running in less than 2 weeks for 13.1 miles so what is wrong with this picture.
After talking to a couple of people in the last week or so, I realize I do not fuel properly for my weekday hard training runs, in most cases all I have is just water since I run so early in the morning but today I had a quarter Power Bar Harvest Double Chocolate Crisp and 1 Gu Roctane-Blueberry Pomegranate about 15 mins before my run.
I did the 1 mile warmup, stop and stretch, then did 1 mile @ 9.02 pace then stopped again and stretch, I decided I will go at least 1.5miles before stopping again but when I got there, I evaluate my body for pain or fatigue and I was fine so not sure why I was stopping decided to press on and before I knew it I had done 5 straight miles at HM pace and was fine, did the last cooldown mile at the top of the base pace with 2 burst of speed work thrown in. Did dynamic flexibility before and Yogamazing: Yoga for tight Hamstring after, it felt good to get this done before 7am.
So 8 miles @ 10:06 pace with rest, 9:24 pace without rest, avaerage HR= 147.

No comments: