Miles to Health

Monday, July 7, 2008

Left for Chicago to spend the 4th with my inlaws and to celebrate my BIL turning 50, it was a wonderful time all in all and it is always nice to get the kids together. I went overboard as usual with the food, but got 2 workouts in including a 17 mile walk on the 4th before we went for the parade, I was so proud of myself got up at 5:30am, ate a light sandwich of peanut butter on whole wheat bread and made a light mix of gatorade. Started out running but was having too much pain in my left leg/hip so tried walking, walking was fine so did the next 15 miles walking. I was on a local bike path starting out in Lake Bluff, most of the runners/walkers/bikers are quite rude and I almost got ran over by the "wannabe tour the France biking group", no restroom on the trail so made my first shrub dash to pee and second time was able to stop at a very clean McDonald in Highwood, got back in time to join the family in Downtown Lake Bluff for the parade. Took Saturday and Sunday off as rest days.

Today went to the rec center after work and was able to get in 4.5 miles run, had severe shin pains but kind of think it may have been the treadmill so switch to another one and was much better.

No comments: