Miles to Health

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Plans for November

Since I still have 4 races left before the end of the year which include a 30k in December, I realize I need to put together a training program, since I have been using Matt Fitzgerald's Brain Training for Runners program for almost 2 years now, I decided to take a break from it and use one of Hal Higdon's 10K advanced program with modification. I do not run 6 days a week so I dropped one of the run and both base miles are limited to 3 miles which means no long midweek run since I normally only run 4 days a week and now trying 5, if I start to have issues, drop one day and increase the mileage for the single run. The long runs are also longer to capture the 30k, so starting at 12 miles since I ran 10 hilly miles with the turtles recently, so the plan is designed for speed and endurance, first test will be my 5 miler on 11/13 wow that's next weekend. All my paces stays the same, no change to them since I have yet to achieve the 4hr marathon and I still struggle with them sometimes.

For strength training using Montenegro Method, Cathe Butts and Guts plus anything that meets my fancy occasionally from the library. The intention is also to add yoga and pilates back in, hoping this will help with flexibilty and prevention of injury from the additional running day. Still doing the Hardcore workout.

3 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Looks like a solid plan. Good luck with your 4 remaining races!

chris mcpeake said...

good plan , good luck with the training

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

Love the November plan!! I need to copy you and set up a good plan this month!! I love seeing all of your race PR's you are amazing!