Total Miles : 113 Target:100 miles
Strength :16 (average time of 20 mins) Target:17
Stretch/Yoga:9 (average time of 12 mins) Target: 16
Really need to refocus on the yoga, should be hitting 20 mins on average, I can tell the difference when I stay on task.
Reflecting on the race yesterday, I continue to understand a little bit more about myself and running, what I have learn so far;
- Need a detailed training plan, set out monthly, or preferable to goal race
- Need a target pace and goal for each training run
- Need a time goal for each "A" race, no goal means no push
- Strength training the legs after a hard run, helps with me a faster recovery
- Eating before a hard/long training run or race is important for optimum performance
- Yoga & Dynamic Flexibility is essential
- Core work is also essential but doing functional core work using kettlebell or Mark Verstegen Core Performance routine seems to work better, end up with a total body routine.
- There is a big difference between running and racing, this is truly my first racing year but then this is only my 3rd year running.
- Running is an expensive sport, regardless of what people think, yes I can do without all the fancy stuff but they make running fun. Wonder if there is a company that will be interested in sponsoring a middle of the pack runner, at least people gets to see their logo.
- I really do love to run
Depending on what the doctor's says probably one or two more races for the season, then I plan to take all of December completely off from running before returning back to base training in January. Goal mileage for the year is 1000, currently at 910.