Miles to Health

Thursday, April 2, 2009

1 mile interval was what the schedule call for today and the treadmill was my friend, am getting better at this and I think being on the treadmill actually works great for it, when I really want to quit or hold on, it is easy to look at the console and see how much I have left and talk myself into not holding or stopping, so when I run this outside I will know what to expect and hopefully not slowdown or stop.

I remember in the April 09 Running Times, McMillan talked about the Go Zone, this for me is when I want to hold on to the treadmill or reduce the speed, a little bit after the half way point, but I do a body assessment, does anything hurt, how is my breathing, how is my heartrate and also my form. If I conclude that everthing is fine, which in most cases it normally is, I increase the pace 0.1 for about 30s then drop it back down by then am just about done.

Dynamic Flexibility

1 mile warmup @ recovery pace (5-5.4mph)
2x1 mile @ 10K pace (7.0mph) / 2 mins recovery (5.4mph)
1 mile cool down @ recovery pace (5.4mph)

Total miles 4.4miles in 44:20 for an average pace of 10:04

Denise Austin Lower body and Abs from the Daily Dozen

No comments: